Wednesday 9 December 2015

9th December - Baby Flower heart



Hello....... Welcome to day nine of the advent calender, now today's make didn't go exactly to plan, as I think basically I just used the wrong type of yarn, so if I have the time before the advent calender goes live, I'm going to give this one another try, but for now here it is.


Using lace weight cottons, I first made the little puffy flower (tutorial below)


Then it was onto the second you tube clip to made the decoration itself. as you can see my heart turned out a little sad and wonky with loose stitches.


So instead of  making up the second one, I decided I would make the best of what I had, by adding a pretty bead to the hanging fringe.


Ta-Dah
Not exactly as planned and I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed as I was looking forward to this one, but I guess you win some you lose some. Oh well.







See how pretty it should have been.  Time has caught up with me and I didn't manage a second attempt on this one, I have however made a star version for later on in the calendar using DK and it turned out lovely, so DK yarn is my top tip for this one.

Ho ho ho
Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like it Clare! It's very pretty. Thank you again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This might well be my favourite yet! xx

    ReplyDelete