Tuesday 15 December 2015

15th December - Crochet Star, Baby Flower


Hello......... I'm so excited about today's make, after the cotton disaster of the baby heart flower, I really wanted to redeem myself and I'm skippy happy with how this one went.

ssh don't tell the others but it's my favourite make so far......


This time I used Stylecraft Special DK and DK Twinkle, mostly pinched from my seaside pebble blanket stash.  The tutorial as ever is fabulous, Elizza's such a talented lady so in no time at all I have my little puffy flower made.


 Then it was turning circles into stars, using my all time favourite stylecraft colour sherbet, remembering to leave the tail ends long for later !!


Then all you have to do is make a matching one, by this point I was so exciting at how this was turning out.


Next up using yet more sparkly yarn, it was time to crochet the two together, I did find it a little tricky negotiating the fringe, but I got there in the end.


Ta-Dah

All that was left was to trim the fringe a bit and add a bit of sparkle to the centre.  I love love love this little star sooo much, especially under electric light when it really sparkles, I can't wait to add it to our tree, go on have a go you know you want to make one too !!

  In case anyone interested here's the colours I used.
Aspen
Twinkle white
Twinkle Blue/Silver 
Sherbet
Twinkle Silver.


Here's the link for this wonderful make, have fun !!

Ho ho ho
Clare x

3 comments:

  1. I think this one may be my favorite yet! Love the sparkly little star.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see now, this could be my favourite! It looks just like a beautiful icy shooting star! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite so far Clare, love it.
    Happy Holidays,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete