Saturday 5 December 2015

5th December : Lacey snowflakes


Hello....... Day five of the advent calender and I'm ready for a bit of snow.


For these little snowflakes and some of the other advent makes, I've treated myself to some lovely cottons, now fine cottons are not something I have really worked with before but, wow I loved them.


These pretty snowflakes are so easy to make and


are all done and dusted in just three rounds.


So a perfect quick make for this time of year,


Aren't they pretty, I think I'm going to make some more to decorate my Christmas cards, so they can be detached and hung on the tree, a card and gift rolled into one.


Ta-Dah

They do need a little blocking though.


I loved this little pattern so much that I soon had a little flurry on my hands which was perfect as I was able to send some off to the Home-Start Snowflake appeal.

Experimenting with different cottons, lace weight yarns and hooks size really changed how the snowflakes turned out just perfect, as no two snowflakes are ever the same.




As always the link to the you tube tutorial is here, why not pop over and check it out.

Have a lovely weekend.
Ho Ho Ho
Clare xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just found your blog and love these little snowflakes, I also love to crochet but have never tired this PETRA yarn, it looks lovely.
    You say you visited Brighton, that's where I live. I'm glad you found it wheelchair friendly.
    Look forward to visiting you again.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty little snowflakes. I could see a flurry turning into a blizzard!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent 30 snowflakes off to the Homestart appeal,following your blog,but wondered what happened to them.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I didn't here anything from the appeal either, wow you made 30 good work, I think they charity are going to hand out the snowflakes with the Christmas boxes they do
      Clare x

      Delete
  4. They look so dainty done with cotton, I bet they look good hung in a window.

    ReplyDelete