Friday 4 December 2015

4th December -Crocheted Star 'Barbara'



Hello......... and welcome to day four of the advent calender, today I'm going to share with you this pretty little star called 'Barbara'  which I've made with my lovely Auntie Barbara in mind, I've picked a pretty lilac cotton for this make, as it reminds me of my Auntie B who is herself in fact a fabulous knitter and stitcher.


 The pattern again comes from the knitaholics blog from a advent calender from 2011, I'm using dmc cotton petra and a 3mm hook


It's a quick make which is perfect for this time of year.


Which comes together in just a few rounds.  Isn't it pretty, Elizzza explains in the video clip, how in Austria they cut a branch on this day and bring it inside with the hope it will have blossom on by Christmas, such a lovely custom and I guess why in some way the star also looks like a Flower



Here's the tutorial if you want to have a go yourself, I'd love it if you joined in with me and this yarny festive fun, perhaps you could share pics of your makes on the blogs facebook page 'here'

Ho ho ho
Clare xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely flower! :) Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty and delicate! Thank you again for sharing with us.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colour of the yarn too a real delight.

    ReplyDelete