Thursday 17 December 2015

17th December Attic24 Bauble


Hello..... Welcome to day 17 of the advent calendar, now this attic24 bauble has been on my to make list for a few years now, so this was the perfect opportunity.


So  I dug out some shades of blue, with lots and lots of sparkle


 I'm using all Twinkle yarns apart from Stylecraft special DK in sherbet, I also went down a couple of hook sizes for this one using my 3mm hook


Following along with Lucy's wonderful tutorial


When it came to making the second one I decided to reverse the colour order of the yarns, and I really love how that worked out.


Then it was turning circles into stars


I left the tail ends long so I could used them to stuff my little bauble


Before stitching it together I added a button to each side, just look at that sparkle, my inner magpie is most happy !!!!


Ta-Dah


Ta-Dah

I'm a little bit in love with how my reversible star turned out, two decorations in one !! I think Christmas will be mostly spent turning this star, from one way to another.

As always a huge thank you to Lucy for all her wonderful tutorials, you can find the Bauble tutorial 'here'

Made in Memory of my lovely Dad.
Ho ho ho
Clare xx

7 comments:

  1. Love the sparkle in the yarn and the shades of blue. A beautiful bauble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made many of these from Lucy's pattern over the past couple of years. The colors you've chosen are beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your twinkle yarns, very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bauble to make and I really love the icy blues you have used. Just wish we had more appropriate Christmas weather to match. you have inspired to make some for next year, much prefer these colours than Lucy's, feels more festive to me, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a fabulous work! How fast do you make one? I think I should try to make some, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super yarn for that project. Jo x

    ReplyDelete