Friday 31 January 2014

Three Things : 40/52


Hello.......... It's year of happy time again, so here are this weeks 'three things'

Number one:


Well it had to be really my fun filled afternoon at Port Lympne, we had such a great afternoon plus I got to spend some time with my sister and nephew.  I'm really thinking about maybe going and having one of the parks animal experiences for my birthday later in the year.  I'd love to go and meet the Giraffes.

Number two:



Number two this week is Tulips that are Roses !! yep as they had sold out of Tulip on Saturday as well as my little pail of bulbs I bought these beautiful Roses, I picked them as I just love the bright colour of them it's hard not to be happy when you look at them.


Number three:



My third happy thing this week is getting out my water colours for this weeks picture. I hadn't planned on it  as I'd used the paper in my sketch book plus water colour paints, water and a bed, is not the safest idea for a clumsy Clare but I was so inspired by all the art talk on Facebook (have you seen it? ) A friend choose Matisse as my artist to share my favourite work by and I couldn't have been more pleased with her choice.


As I just love all the colour in his paintings, the picture I selected is above I just find this picture so serene and the colours are wonderful

My picture at the moment looks like a four year painted it but I don't care as I'm having fun. It's inspired by my trip to the Animal Park and when we get a day or two with a bit more natural light I'll hopefully get a chance to finish it.

Well that's about all for this week, I hope you've had a happy week and if you are in the UK that you are keeping dry with yet more storms forecast.

Clare xx

4 comments:

  1. I love Matisse, his colourful work is the perfect antidote to January greys! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a big fan of Matisse and I'm sure you're going to have heaps of fun painting. It seems like you had a lovely day out and another trip for your birthday sounds like the ticket. This reminds me I must email you very soon, sorry I've been so slack!! Sending much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely happy thinks, Clare. I enjoy Matisse's work too. I am sure you'll make something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete