Tuesday 21 January 2014

Lately......


Lately....... I've been stuck in bed most of the time thanks to this virus and my ME/Lyme's, I'm pretty expert at this bed resting malarkey after twenty four years of illness so I know what low energy actvities help past the time when I'm not resting. So here's what I been up to for the past few weeks. I've been colouring as you can never have to much colour in you're life !!


  and Dylan has taken to snoozing on the bed. keeping me company.


I've been finishing off the pennants for my seaside bunting, hand stitching each one


and then stitching it all together, so there will be a Ta-Dah moment soon. Having to sit at the table to  use the sewing machine means there has been some dreaded Lyme/ME payback but that's life and I'm so pleased the bunting is finished.


The mini Iris have sprouted and are now on a sunny windowsill just waiting to flower and I can't wait.


Lately we have had lots of home made soups, perfect for this time of year.


This one was roasted butternut squash, all part of the recover plan.


As usual I've been doing lots resting and snoozing with my snuggle buddy


and  also some sorting out some of the embroidery threads,
 with my trusty crafting assistant, how many shot has he been in now!!


Lately we have had


some wonderful


Sunsets


around these parts


and I've been eating lots of healthy anti inflammatory foods


I've started a new drawing too


and the little piles of crocheted squares are slowly growing


for my granny blanket plan, 
(I really must get around to sewing the ends in before there are to many to face doing it)


I'm still reading 'The Colour' by Rose Tremain, which has had a few unexpected turns but I'm enjoying the adventure.


Oh and Dylan has started proof reading the blog for me. Cats they really would be running the world if they had opposable thumbs!!

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn along and Marianne' and Chirssie's  crochet along so why not pop over and see what everyone else has been making.
Happy Crafting

Clare xx

26 comments:

  1. Wow Clare, if you can manage to do all of this from your bed whilst ill, you would be a whirlwind if you were able to get out and about more!! You really do so very well. I love butternut squash soup too - it is next on my list to make when I finish up my sweet potato soup!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, it's amazing how many little bits you can get done with just a 10 minute pacing slot, over the week it adds up. Enjoy the soup
      Clare x

      Delete
  2. Your bunting is wonderful! I can't wait to see more...and the crochet, such sweet colours! I love that pink sky, just beautiful. Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie I'll be writing up my bunting post soon it's all finished and boxed up now at the library waiting for the exhibition. xx

      Delete
  3. Amazing! You manage to do more than most 100% healthy people do! Quite an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Zelna my boss used to say that, 'you do more in you're 16 part time hours than some do in a week' I just do a bit at a time and it slowly adds up. x

      Delete
  4. That is quite a list of things made there, all beautiful! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cat :) I've been making lots of vegetable soups lately too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks he's a cutie we have two, this ones Dylan we have a Merlin too, nothing better than soup these chilly days xx

      Delete
  6. Hello Clare, I am in awe of your amazing talents, you make the most beautiful makes, and your suset pictures are truly beautiful. I live beside the sea and see amazing sunrises.

    Take care
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Irene for such a lovely comment. I do love being by the sea Clare xx

      Delete
  7. For someone who is not feeling well you are sure getting a lot done, I see you have a lot of cat help so that must explain it. Hugs to you and feel better,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear that as I always think it takes me an age to get anything done, doing things in 10 minute sessions and then having to rest for 30 minutes but it's great having a crafting assistant with paws xxx

      Delete
  8. While I am sorry you have been ill, I am soooo inspired by your post, Clare! Beautiful photos of: sewing projects, sketching projects, healthy food projects, crochet projects, and your kitty project manager :) Thanks for posting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracie, thanks you the lovely comment I hope you are having a good week
      Clare xx

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry you've been feeling poorly but it looks like you know how to keep busy and keep your spirits up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I am still totally in love with the bunting. I have been giving hand stitching a go...everything is a little lopsided, but I kind of like it that way. Great progress on the granny squares. Such lovely, soothing colors. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie my buntings a bit wobbily in places too when I was stsitching I was thinking it dosen't matter as it suppose to look all handstitched and vintage. Lots of fun to do, have a good weekend. xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Clare, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good, hope things improve for you soon. Your crochet squares are looking great as is your pretty seaside bunting.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne, I think I'm on the mend at last lurgy wise thanks for the lovely comment, the squares are a bit daunting as I have over 400 to make eek, but I trying not to think about that and just keep making them xx

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear you re feeling poorly, hope things pick up for you soon.
    Your bunting is looking great, and the colours for your crochet project are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bunting is all finished and was such fun to make, just another 400 or so squares to go, have a great weekend xx

      Delete
  13. Your new proof reader is so lovely! what a sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been quite busy for someone not up to par. Hope you feel better soon. Your crafts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete