Friday 10 January 2014

Three Things 37/52



Hello....... Sometimes amongst the January grey it's hard to find the happy, just like in the above picture I took the other day, yep I took this with my camera in colour mode but all it seemed to find is the January Grey. This time of year always finds me feeling pretty ill and exhausted after the demands of Christmas, so this is the time, these year of happy posts really come in handy, finding the happy.

Number one:



My first happy this week is this gorgeous geranium which is flowering on my bedroom windowsill at the moment, it makes me smile every time I look at it.  I rescued it from the garden a couple of years ago, it was a plant that we never got around to planting, still in it's tray come Autumn, looking very weedy and sorry for itself.,so I planted it up and brought it inside to fulfill it's flowery destiny and wow look at it now it has three of these fab blooms on it at the moment.


Lookie I just found a picture of it that I took for a 365 photo project dated 3/11/11,  I didn't realise it's been that long. At the time I wrote.........

'Day 188 3rd November 2011, Brought this tiny Geranium in from the garden, for a bit of summer over the winter, don't know if it will survive.'

Ahh now that make me smiley happy.

Number two:



This time of year I always like to plant some bulbs up to bloom inside the house


These are some lovely mini Iris my sister gave to me for Christmas, which are my favourite bulbs.


They came with this gorgeous little bowl to plant them in.


So earlier in the week I planted them up and popped them into a dark cupboard in the Summerhouse. I can't wait to see them flower, I'll keep you posted.

Number three:



My third thing this week is spending a bit of time on one of my New Year Resolutions, while stuck in bed with the lurgy on Tuesday I opened up my new sketch book and just stared at the blank page for a bit but then started my first drawing.

A winter scene of my favourite view from the house, I normally take the photo's of this view from our landing window, but stuck in bed I  noticed the other day that I can see the windmill and field through the bare branches of the Horse Chestnut tree in the garden,  so I decided to add the tree into my drawing. 

It's many years since I last attempted a landscape and it might not be very good but I'm having fun drawing, doing a little bit each day and I guess that's all that counts.

I hope you've all had a good week. Just before I go I want to say a huge thank you for all the lovely supportive comments that were left on my last post.

Clare x

16 comments:

  1. Both your windmill photo and your drawing are beautiful. Sorry to hear that you have been stuck in bed, I hope that you are feeling better now. I admire the way you have been doing your drawing anyway, well done you. I look forward to seeing your finished picture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your drawing and look forward to seeing it again when it is finished. Our geraniums still have flowers on them too and they have been putside all year round, but the weather has been relatively mild. Also loving that little bowl that you have planted your bulbs in, it is beautiful :O)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, yep this year has been very mild we still have Roses blooming here.
      Clare xx

      Delete
  3. Hello Clare, thank you for your Happy Post, your Geranium looks wonderful, and WOW your bulbs, the shoots are already appearing. I love your drawing Clare and look forward to seeing the finsihed result.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene I check earlier and the shoots on the bulbs are even taller.I'm so looking forward to them flowering
      Clare xx

      Delete
  4. Look at you posting such happy thoughts even when you are not feeling well. Love the drawing, hope you get better soon,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith, I'm trying to stay positive at the mo
      Clare xx

      Delete
  5. So glad you rescued your Geranium, Clare! It looks so cheery now. I forgot to bring mine in and they are frozen :( but I planted some wheat grass in my two blue flower pots and the grass is thriving. I want to try to get some bulbs to bloom inside as well, but have not bought any yet. Thanks for letting me admire your drawing. I do! Wishing you a happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Gracie, I think it's lovely having a bit of spring inside on a cold winters day. xx

      Delete
  6. The drawing is so lovely! I'm glad you've resolved to do more drawing, I can envisage you making one of your drawings into an embroidery...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, don't give me ideas my WIP and future makes list is out of control already, hope you have a good week ;0) xx

      Delete
  7. These are wonderful happy things, Clare. I can't wait to see your bulbs grow. I love geraniums, especially pink and red ones. Your drawing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer like you I can't wait to see them flower.
      Clare xx

      Delete
  8. love your pic of the windmill! January gray has it's place too. That bowl that the bulbs are planted in...swoon!! Im glad that you are able to draw when you are not feeling well...the picture is looking really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, the bulbs have come up so well in fact I took them out of the cupboard today so hopefully they will be in flower soon xxx

      Delete