Sunday 19 January 2014

Faery things afoot : Tinkerbell Wand


Hello...... I hope you had a good weekend, thanks so much for all the lovely comments left on my last post.  Today I thought I'd share with you another project for the craft club exhibition, the theme was Peter Pan so being a fan of all thing faery I just had to make a Tinkerbell wand.


The first thing I did was cut out a star template, I then cut out two stars from green felt, in reality the green of the felt is little brighter, you know the Tinkerbell Green!!  but my camera and the January grey have wash it out a bit in the photo's


So once you have two matching felt stars you are ready for the fun bit, the decorating....


I stitched a green bead on to each point of the star and lovely wooden button into the centre. I then use some cute leaf sequins and stitched them in place, as they only had one stitching hole at the end I also used a little pva glue to hold them in place.


Then using a cream embroidery silk I stitched around the leaves to add a little more decoration.


Then I stitched the stars together using the cream embroidery thread, I decided to use a blanket stitch for this to add to the decoration, I left a gap at the bottom so I could stuff my star with toy stuffing.


Then  it was time to attach the star to the wand, using double sided tape around the top of a 4mm dowel I attached some cute ribbons, I used lots of different ribbons as you can never have to much ribbon !!! I then wrapped sticky tape around the top  to hold the ribbons in place and covered the tape with pva glue, which held the wand in place amongst the stuffing.  Once that was dry I stitched up the rest of the star, securing the dowel in place at the base of the star.


Oops I forgot to say just before I finished stitching the star up I added a little bit of fairy dust for good measure. So that's the magic added to the wand.


and Ta -Dah

one completed faery wand.


I really enjoyed making this wand which was quite a quick and easy make, ribbons, beads, buttons and faery dust whats not to love.


Here's a bit of a closer look at the wand.

Not long now to the exhibition which is on the 8th February, all I've got to do now is finish my seaside bunting this week, and I'll be ready with all four themes completed, phew at one point I didn't think I'd get it all finished in time

Joining in with Chrissie's Stitching Sundays' 
and Nicoles KCCO so why not go and check out the wonderful makes.

Happy Crafting

Clare x

37 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wand! I hope that it waves magic over all of your entries for the exhibition and that it goes really well for you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Faery Magic is astir, and what beautiful magic - you've done a wonderful job with this Clare - I love it! It sounds like you are well organised for the exhibition and I really do wish you the very best with it! Stay well, hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Joy, I finished my bunting yesterday so fingers crossed everything is ready. xx

      Delete
  3. This is so cute. Best wishes for the exhibition, looking forward to seeing how you do! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous Clare, I absolutely love what you did with it, especially the gorgeous stitching around the sequence, it really makes it. You very clever gal!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely, thank you, maybe I'll ask the faeries if they can rustle up some energy for us xx

      Delete
  5. Dear Clare
    What a fabulous magic wand - I bet lots of children (and quite a few adults) would love one of those! Gorgeous!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie, I think this one will probably be destined for my friends little girl after the exhibiton or maybe I'll donate to a charity craft auction a friend of mine is running xx

      Delete
  6. This is just lovely Claire! A perfect fairy wand.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this wand! And I love that it is green, very well-suited to Tinkerbell! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie my sister kept saying it should be pink but tinkerbell is green in my book xx

      Delete
  8. How cute is this?!?! Wow, I love it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I know a little girl sleeping upstairs who'd love this must put it on my to do list x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww everyone needs some fairy magic in there life xx

      Delete
  10. How cute! My daughter would enjoy it. I hope you make lots of these for your exhibition, they should sell like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer I only have the one though for the exhibition x

      Delete
  11. This is absolutely wonderful! I love the leaves on it. So precious. I think my kids and I would fight over this wand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!
    This just got added to the list of things I must do.
    Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! We are in a pink princess stage right now, so this is a super cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie every fairy princess need a wand xx

      Delete
  14. Just beautiful and a wonderful homemade answer to all the plastic fairy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is the cutest thing ever, you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel it was a lot of fun to make xx

      Delete
  16. :0) thats ok Jooles, I'm completely with you on the fairy dust xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a gorgeous wand perfect for fairies everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I wonder if my goddaughter wants me to make her one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, evey little fairy needs a wand x

      Delete