Sunday 1 September 2013

August:: Craft Round Up



So that's it, August has come and gone and it's craft round up time again here at the Summer house.  I'm still feeling pretty rotten as my relapse continues, coupled now with restarting treatment after a break to go on holiday.  So I've spent most of the last month stuck in bed, since I returned from Suffolk. So not a huge amount of crafting has been achieved just little bits and bobs, things that can be picked up and put down easily. I've not made a single card in August which I find hard to believe, but there you go.



I'm still slowly continuing with my ongoing projects my purple leaf cushion and summerhouse crocheted bunting.  August saw me complete a few more of my water colour postcards for Craft Clubs 'Alice in Wonderland' Project.

 Also a few little makes, a crocheted poppy, a ladybird and also my little gingham birdie all crafted from my comfy bed, a few minutes at a time between resting, it's a slow old business this crafting with a chronic illness.  Here's hoping September's a better month healthwise.

Sadly I had to give up on my Owlie Mits,  (pictured top left) after frogging them for the ninth time, I've called it a day, the pattern has beaten me, I've been trying to make them for over a year now and it's just not happening I find crochet comes to me much more instictively than knitting. Fortunately a friend has kindly offered to knit them up for me, bless her heart.



Pictured above a are few bits that are in the making, just a little sneaky peak as I've yet to blog about them, some of them are secret squirrel gifts.  Plus Lookie lookie I've manage to do some crocheted beading for the first time,  but more on that another day.

 The little mistletoe, is the first item I've made for my 'Winter time wreath', it's my first attempt at making a Mistletoe and I think it turn out OK, I might tweak the pattern a bit more for the next one. I thought I'd better get started after running out of time when I made my 'Spring Time wreath' earlier in the year.


Yes I learnt a valuable lesson with my 'Spring Time Wreath' (pictured above,) that it's never to early to start making things when there is a deadline to hit, I'm aiming to have my Winter wreath ready in time for the Winter Solstice with Christmas as a back up date.  You can read more about how I made my Spring Time wreath ''here' if you want to.

As always you can find the links to the individual makes over in August Archive on the right of the page if you fancy ready a bit more about them.  Why not leave a comment letting me know what you've been making lately, I love to read them.

Talking of reading this weeks I'm continuing  to read  'the Girls' by  Lori Lansen.


Just for good measure I thought I'd add in a listening to as well,
 so today I've mostly been listening 
Kate Rusby - Make the light.


While Yarning along with Ginny 'here'
Linking up with Frontier Dreams Keep Calm Craft on
and Christina's Made by hand link up so why not check out what everyones been making?

Happy Crafting
Clare xx

Looking at the archive I've just noticed that this is my 100th post, blimey time flies, well that snuck up on me, time for a mini celebration me thinks.

27 comments:

  1. I love all your makes, but especially your springtime wreath it is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas wreath. I hope you're feeling better soon. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I know it will take me a while to make, so I'm getting started now. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Clare sorry to hear you still not right. I really love your makes. Nice your friend will knit the owlie mits for you sometimes it's best to just leave it, there's no pleasure in making things you have to keep frogging it just irritates me, maybe your have more patience than me.
    I love the wreath its stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, no I don't have a lot of patients either, I feel much better about my lack of knitting skills now I've put the owlie mits to one side. x

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so nice. I understand about knitting, it just doesn't work for me. Crochet feels much more natural. I hope you're feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I'm a crochet girl too, pah to knitting. x

      Delete
  4. You have made some lovely wee things. Quite right to give up on the mitts, there is no pleasure in a project like that, I find I just get frustrated with myself!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, feel much better for setting them aside, thanks M x

      Delete
  5. Popping by from KCCO - so much loveliness in this post! Your spring wreath is gorgeous. I like the mistletoe very much. I hope you zoom right along to your deadline. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little ladybug is adorable! And I love the wreath as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heather, the wreath was a lot of work but worth it, thanks for stopping by my summerhouse. x

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness that wreath is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare, thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm glad I've popped over to yours - I love your makes! The springtime wreath is sooo pretty, but I'm really intrigued by the winter one - the mistletoe is fabulous!!! I totally want to make some now...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Chrissie I'm looking forward to stitching Sundays over on your blog, I've ordered a hoop and some linen, I can't wait to get started.
      Clare x

      Delete
  9. Hi Claire
    Hope you feel stronger soon I'm on a bit of a downward spiral at the moment - very frustrating when we want to do so much more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that your struggling to. It can be soooo annoying I hope you begin to pick up again soon. xx

      Delete
  10. I hope you're feeling better very soon :( I am the opposite where I can't wrap my head around crocheting. BUT I need to figure it out fast b/c I have to teacher my daughter how to for 3rd grade!!

    Thank you for linking up with KCCO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nicole, and good luck with the crocheting, I really enjoy linking up with your KCCO posts.x

      Delete
  11. Your springtime wreath is gorgeous! I have to say it is one of the prettiest ones I have seen to date! It is spring here in SA so I think I will pop back over to your blog during the week and have a look-see how you made it (I soo want one!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you lovely comment Zelna, such a wonderful thing for you to say, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. xx

      Delete
  12. That wreath is brilliant. Just gorgeous and you could lose hours trying to look at all the flowers on that wreath. I can't wait to see your winter one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for such a lovely comment and for stopping by my summerhouse. xx

      Delete
  13. That wreath is gorgeous, such lovely colours

    ReplyDelete