Sunday 23 June 2013

Summer Solstice


A friend shared this on her facebook and I thought it was such a beautiful image that I had to share it on my blog, to celebrate the Longest day. Here are a selection of pictures taken on the solstice to celebrate Summer time


Summer Skies



Flowers gathered from the Summerhouse garden, a tradition here on the Solstice.


Wild Rose



The view from the Summerhouse


The garden in bloom, I love the way the black bird is in shot.


The view of the windmill at Dusk


Still light at 9.45pm


My attempt at getting a shot at the Super moon, the summerhouse skies have been shrouded with cloud every evening, since the solstice, this is the best shot I managed, taken on the Friday night.

I meant to post this a yesterday but it been such a busy weekend here at the Summerhouse, more on that in my next post. I hope you enjoyed sharing my images of the Summerhouse Summer Solstice.

Clare xx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the flowers! I found your blog via a comment you left on Hazel's blog, I'm now your newest follower :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, thank you for stopping by my Summerhouse.
      Clare. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Clare - lovely pics of your busy weekend! Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a sweet comment. I'm looking forward to following your crafty adventures now too :-)
    Happy Monday,
    love Gilly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gilly, thanks for stopping by my Summerhouse, I enjoyed having a look around your lovely blog I really love your ripple blanket the colurs are just my cup of tea.
      Clare x

      Delete
  3. Your pics are gorgeous! I especially love the image of the Midsummer dog (playing a mandolin?!) and your blackbird in the garden. E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Actually perhaps he isn't a dog on closer inspection! May be a mountain goat? I think he technically has horns as well as ears! E x

      Delete
    2. Hi E, I think it's a goat too, I love the image when I saw it, being someone who plays the mandolin badly it really appealed to me, flowers and a mandolin playing goat, what more could a girl need. It was pure luck catching the blackbird in the photo, as I was just trying to take a picture of the flowers around the patio from down on our lawn. A happy accident.

      Clare xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! The photos you have posted are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks Hazel, I discovered your blog the other day and loved it, I can't wait to see your finished pom pom rug.x

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos of a lovely weekend!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M, it was nice to see the sunshine even if it was just for a bit.
      Clare x

      Delete
  6. Lovely images especially the jug of beautiful flowers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by the summerhouse, I love this time of year with so much growing in the garden.
      Clare x

      Delete