Sunday 22 February 2015

Granny Flower Bunting


Hello.......... Todays the day this make gets a Ta-Dah moment at last!!


It's something that's been sitting around for a while, in fact I first blogged about it 'here' in June 2013 eek, when I made some Granny Bunting for Yarndale and decided to make some for the Summerhouse too.


I used Lucy's wonderful pattern and various seaside shades of Stylecraft Special DK to make the bunting, edging each with a row of single crochet in a complimentary colour.


I played around with a few flower patterns to add to the bunting but in the end opted for 'Emma's' wonderful flat flower pattern. I made the flowers up to match the borders of my bunting triangles and then added cute buttons.


Before stitching them onto the bunting. To hang the bunting I just made a long chain and threaded it through, catching the triangles at the corners with a few stitches to hold them in place.


Ta-Dah

My Granny Flower bunting, which I've decided will also be going into the Local Craft Exhibition at the end of the month, for the theme of Fantasia, aka 'Waltz of the Flowers Bunting'.


Here it is hanging up, I found it quite tricky to photograph with all the dull weather we've had this week.

So one old WIP completed, so far so good with the New Years Resolution to dig some of them out and finally get them finished.

 2013-2015 to make one bunting eeek !!!

Happy Crafting

Clare xx


16 comments:

  1. Lovely bunting - it reminds me of a summer day :-) I also like how you arranged the bunting in the first pic. It looks like one of these kid's wheels which blows in the wind!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super it's lovely and has inspired me to make some.I love the colours also. Keep up with all the project finishes cannot wait to see what is bestxxxx pippaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunting Clare, I love it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your bunting, I am working on my to do list too--I really love the first photo arrangement too-wonder if something could be made with that-perhaps a pillow top-Happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bunting and this one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great! Your WIP's are being finished very quickly right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fab and a great photo of it :) Really pretty colours :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your bunting and the colors are so pretty for Spring :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours and lovely bunting! Well done! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely! very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bunting looks very pretty, lovely colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job! Beautiful colors. It's so nice to finish a project that's been around awhile, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely! I love the flower embellishment. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Clare, bright and spring like.....just what's needed, wish the temperatures would go up a bit! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete