Monday 11 November 2013

October :: Craft Round Up.




Hello.......... I hope you had a great weekend, I'm running a little late with last months  craft round up, but I've finally got around to making the mosaics so here they are.


As usual  I've been doing a bit of crocheting, it's easy to pick up and put down when I'm stuck in bed. I finished my Hanging Bird Garland and I'm also still working on the bunting for the Summerhouse, I'm such a slow coach, I started it in May, things just take so long with my limited crafting time due to my poor energy levels.

 I did managed to paint a couple more postcard for my 'Alice in Wonderland' project, but have yet to mount them so they look like playing cards, maybe this month.  Although now I'm trying to get everything I need ready in time for Christmas, all of a sudden time seems to be flying and we are hurtling towards December 

October saw me finish my first ever square of embroidery, I really enjoyed it and look forward to continuing with my Summerhouse Sampler, maybe in the New Year when the Christmas makes are out of the way.  No cards again this month, I've just not been well enough to manage any.




Talking of the 'C' word, I'm slowly getting there with my Winter time wreath, here's a little sneaky peak of what I've been up to, there will be a few Wintertime wreath related posts over the coming weeks, I still have a lot to do and I'm not completely happy with the colour mix yet, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Well I guess that's just about it for this 'Round up' If you want to read a bit more about any of the makes you can find them over in October's blog archive on the top right of the page.

Yarning along with Ginny sorry no book this week as mostly been reading crafts beautiful magazine and Christina's 'Made by hand' so why no go and have a look at what everyone else has been creating.

Happy Crafting 

Clare xx

17 comments:

  1. You have made some really beautiful things this month, and what a lovely way to look back on it. I know just how much it takes out of one, but the rewards are all worth it and I am not sure about you, but for me it certainly provides a lovely natural high and also a little moment where I can just escape. Well done on your first embroidery and I am sure we will see many more beautiful stitchings. The sneak peak at your wreath looks very promising, can't wait to see the end result. Hope you have a good week. Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your spider biscuits. Yummy. And your embroidery is fantastic - very pretty. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so much accomplished this month. You made many beautiful things and your baking looks delicious. I continue to hope for your good health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at how much crafting you manage to get through each month! Its lovely to see it all collected together here each month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful array of makes, they're all simply lovely!
    Wishing you a happy week,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's good to see those makes again, how I love your pink embroidered tree! Lovely round up! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made some lovely things Clare! Thank you for joining in the Christmas swap, your partner is Crafting not Cleaning - more details and links etc on my blog. Happy swapping!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so lovely ~ I especially ♥ those sweet birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have produced some little beauties Clare and your work towards your wreath is doing well too. I do hope you are feeling a bit better again soon! Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. my gram crocheted and yours is pretty! I am a knitter but do know how to crochet and appreciate your talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely collections of makes. I particularly like the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been busy! I love the look of your wreath.

    I find crochet is good for lots of putting down and picking up when my energy levels aren't being so kind too. I like to always have an easy project on the go that doesn't need much brain power,

    Cheers,
    Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Everything is so lovely - you are one clever ducky! BUT I can't take my eyes off those spider cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much loveliness here... especially those pink embroidery stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bits you have done so far for the Wintertime Wreath. It looks like it't going to be fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looove the holly leaf. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks lovely! :)

    I love the cookies :)

    ReplyDelete