Wednesday 13 February 2013

February's Pick and Mix




Today's post is going to be a bit different. It going to be about various bits and bobs of everyday life.  So why not join me for some Summerhouse pick and mix.

The view from the window

January
At the start of the year, I decided to take a photo each month of the view from the window. This is not the view from the Summerhouse, which looks onto the garden but my favourite view from the house.  I got the inspiration for this project from a facebook group I'm a member of.  The above shot was taken in January after the first snowfall of the year, it was also in January that I saw the windmill working for the first time, I glanced out the window and could not believe that the sails were going round. I've lived here many years and have never seen it working before.  What a cheery sight it was on a winters morning.

February
This is the view in February, which is still a snowy scene, this was taken a few weeks after the first shot after our second lot of the snow this year.  A couple of years ago I undertook a 365 day photo project, along with some fellow sufferers. I found that project very tricky at times, coming up with new things to photograph each day, as I am mostly housebound the garden was my saviour with it's ever changing colours and hues. So I figure just 12 photo's taken from the same window will be much more achievable.


 I couldn't resist sharing this picture as part of the pick and mix, aren't they stunning, I love the vibrant pink colour so much.  They were a cheer up treat after several trips to the dentist.  It makes me so happy just to look at them.


I love living by the sea so much. Although I rarely get down to the beach, I still find it reassuring knowing it's there.  One of the good things about medical appointments is that the surgery is next to the beach.  So the other day afterwards I sat on the seafront front for a bit.


With the way my health has been in relapse over the last couple of years,  of late I've mostly only left the house to go to medical appointments and a local support group.  So it was lovely just to sit in the winter sunshine for while as I waited for my lift home to arrive.  Simple pleasures, are appreciated much more after spending a lot of time stuck in bed.


In crafting news I've been making these little felt birdies, for yet another ongoing craft project, more on that another time.

Summerhouse songs

This weeks album of the week, is Kate Rusby 'Underneath the stars'. I hit shuffle on the ipod and it picked this wonderful album.  I know this album so well it's like a old friend.  Some say that Kate Rusby is the queen of British folk music and I wouldn't disagree, so it's kinda appropriate that it's the sheds first album pick, as it was the first Kate Rusby album I bought.






I was lucky enough to see Kate Rusby live a couple of years ago.  It was truly amazing, her voice is beautiful on the albums but live it was something else, completely spellbinding and her accompanying musician were awe inspiringly good.  During the show, there pickin on 'the muppets' theme tune was just great, but back to the album.  My favourite tracks are 'Falling', 'Polly', 'Cruel' and of course the title track 'Underneath the stars'.  I have to two of Kate's songbooks and enjoy playing her songs very much.

Well that's all for today, just before I go I forget to mention that the ipod sock is another one of my makes. It's knitted in Moss stitch with a flower stitched on. So for now I'll leave you with one of Kate Rusby's songs

 I hope you enjoy it.

Clare x

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Your view is gorgeous. Will look forward to seeing more photos of it. I so wish there was a beach near by, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, that's a really lovely thing to say, I know I'm very lucky to have such a great view from the house. :0)

      Delete