Friday 25 May 2018

Lyme Disease Yarn Bombing


Hello..... Earlier in the year @living_with_lyme over on instagram asked me if I'd like to make some crocheted bunting pennants for a Lyme Disease Awareness yarn bombing project.


As I have a complicated medical history with ME and Chronic Lyme disease and a crochet hook I was only to happy to help, my health has been very poor but I manged to make five pennants one a week.


In of course all shades of green, Lime Green,


I then had a play around with some variegated green yarn which I double stranded with some Green style craft special DK 


and also the Lime Green yarn. Not realising I sent them off in the post to join with others pennants made in the UK, but that was just they start of there journey as my bunting pennants were winging there way all the way to America.


Now here's crafting Assistant Monty who was very keen on the Lime green yarn, and kept running off with it, can you believe it they are one year old now.




So sometime later they arrived in Newark  to join in with  @lymeyarnbombs  for Lyme disaese awareness month which is May. You can see more about the chairty here lots of lovely pics yarny goodness.


Then last week I received a surprise in the post a Tote bag as a thank you for taking part in the project.  I really hope it helps people to become tick aware as this illness is destroying lives, even here in the UK.


As for my Lyme disease story well it's ongoing, I've have severely relpased again and left the doctors last week with this little lot. six weeks worth of antibiotics, sadly it won't cure my Lyme disease but it's the best the NHS has to offer here in the UK, hopefully it will make my quality of life a bit better, for just a little while, once I get past the awful die off reaction that the Antibiotics will cause.

It's going to be a evening rougher few weeks here.

So please do  be Lyme Disease Aware when you're out and about in the countryside, parks or even you're back gardens these ticks are everywhere.

Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. Your pennants turned out beautifully and I loved seeing the completed one strung across the ceiling. How nice that they sent you a tote bag. Us crafters can never have too many tote bags can we? I am so sorry to hear that you’re still feeling so unwell. The ticks have been very bad here this spring because of all the rain and flooding we had. So far it’s fairly rare for Lyme disease here in the Pacific Northwest, but I know that can change. Prayers that you will feel better soon with your new medication. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts Clare. It is such a horrible disease that is wreaking havoc in so many peoples lives. I hope that you can regain some strength and feel better.

    ReplyDelete