Friday 18 May 2018

Ragbag Butterfly


Hello ..............  As you have probably guessed health wise things have not been so good around here,  I'm not going to go into it now but I am going to share with you this scrappy butterfly picture I made a few months back for the craft club exhibition.


It was a bit of a last minute job as in a whole year I'd not made very much at all to include in the exhibition so was feeling a bit guilty that, I'd let the other members of the group down and we were going to have a bit of a empty wall.

 So the theme was butterflies.  I was in bed, as I am most of the time and suddenly realised I had the perfect template for my scrappy butterfly right in from of me on the duvet, so I traced one of the butterflies onto some card and then raided the ragbag.

I had a old tunic in there with lots of embellishments and sparkle and set to cutting it up, in search of pretty shapes I could add to my butterfly.


I then found a scrap of fabric left over from a patchwork quilt my sister made, which I used for the main body of my butterfly, adding a contrasting piece for the centre I simply added a little bit of stitching to define the wings.


You know me I just couldn't resist adding a little sparkle too, so I added some sparkly gems, for the antenna and to add a bit more decoration. The camera dosen't really pick it up but they are very sparkly.



Ta-dah

 That was about it, I simply found a backing paper and put the whole lot together in a frame.  One ragbag butterfly to flutter and sparkle on the library walls.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

5 comments:

  1. I love it Clare! You butterfly is beautiful. I hope you are soon feeling much better. You have been missed here in blogland.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your health has not been good, praying for a big improvement for you. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take good care of yourself Clare, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete