Hello.......... If there is still anyone out there in blogland that stops by the summerhouse, I'm sorry I was not about very much last year, but with a health crisis I kind of lost my crafting mojo a bit, for a long time I just wasn't well enough to crochet and craft.
This make kind of helped me find my mojo again, I made this wreath as a secret Santa present for a crafting group I'm a member of on facebook. Now I ummed and rrrrred about whether I was well enough to join in with the secret Santa but in the end I decided to go for it.
I wanted something quiet easy and low energy to make so decided on some crocheted flowers. Now this make didn't start out as a wreath at all, but a garland. the very pretty yarn came from a kit that came with Mollie Makes magazine.
I made the flowers up as per the patterns in the magazine, only to find that when I threaded them onto some bakers twine they would not hang straight., they just kept falling forwards. This was probably because I couldn't resist decorating the flowers with pretty buttons and beads.
That's when panic set in as I was very poorly and didn't have the time or the energy to make something else. So it was time to put my thinking cap on. Straight away I thought wreath but knew I wasn't well enough to make one of my full crocheted wreaths.
Then I spotted a large embroidery hoop in my craft basket and inspiration struck, using double sided tape at the top of the hoop, to hold the yarn in place, i started winding the yarn around and around to cover the wooden hoop.
It took me a few days as this was quite a workout for my weak noodle arms. Once the hoop was covered I simply used another piece of double side tape to hold the yarn in place at the top of the hoop, before tying off the yarn around the metal clasp.
I then simply used PVA glue to attach the flowers to the covered hoop, which seemed to hold in place really well.
My wreath was complete. I really hope that the recipient likes it, sunny colours to cheer a winters day.