Saturday 10 February 2018

Eastern Jewels Blanket


Hello.......... I have a exciting post to share with you today, something very new for the summerhouse.


Yes I've actually ordered a colour pack and I'm going to follow a pattern and stick to it hopefully.  When I saw this little beauty by Janie Crow in the Eastern Jewels Colourway created by Lucia Dunn back in October I came down with a case of the wanties, yes I needed some Eastern Jewels in my life. 

So when some friends suggested we have a very slow crochet along I just couldn't resist ordering the kit.  The colours just make my heart sing.  I'm making the blanket with a group of friends with Chronic Illnesses, so I'm hoping I will be able to keep up, with one square a week, although I've found that difficult some weeks.


Now although I've fallen very much in love with the look of the finished blanket, some of the colours are proving a bit of a challenge for me, as they are quite different from the summerhouse's usual colour palette.  I've never made anything where I didn't pick my own colours before eek.

I felt quite happy with week one just the Tomato round gave me a bit of a wobble.


Week two was just perfect soft gentle colours.


In week three I had to confront my fear of Mustard, eek in fact I just couldn't face calling it mustard and spent the week calling it saffron ha ha whatever gets you through.


In the end I didn't mind it so much with the duck egg toning things down, so clever in a million years I would never have put these colours together.


Now as for week four, I just had to imagine I was in a Moroccan Spice market to get me through.


Week five was interesting too with Sage, Vintage Peach and Tomato in the mix.  I'm definitely broadening my colour horizons.


So at the end of the first month this is what I had, my exotic Persian Tiles


Week six had me on much happier ground, even with Saffron Mustard, the colours say Springtime to me and make my heart sing, my favourite weeks so far. Reminds me of one of my favouirte flower combo Yellow Roses and Purple Iris.


So there we have it, my colourful adventure for 2018.  A huge thank you to Janie Crow for the original Persian Tiles pattern and Lucia Dunn for this amazing colour way.  I can't wait to get onto the Mandalas.

Happy Crafting 

Clare xx





10 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous colors Claire, I wish you the best on this project. I can see why you feel in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and beautiful :) I think that's the nice thing about following a kit, you use colours together you probably wouldn't try yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I think this is beautiful. The colors aren’t ones I would choose either but they look gorgeous together. Is this available outside of the UK?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yes I think it is Betsy as we have a lady from America joining in xx

      Delete
  4. What an amazing blanket, the pattern is a real delight and the colours are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the colors would go together, but they are lovely and you've brought them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tiles look wonderful. I was hoping for a next installment, and hope that your seilence does not mean that ilness has struck again.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kit came today and I am soooooo excited to start. Reading yours and other blogs has given me the confidence to start, tonight! The colours in your squares are beautiful.
    Would you say it's better to start with the squares rather than the octagons, just to get in the swing of things? Or was that just a personal choice? Many thanks, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby Outfit I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete