Sunday 23 April 2017

Butterfly hoop


Hello.............. Today I'm going to share with you another make I made for our Craft Club exhibition back in February.  This was a bit of a last minute make to fit the woodland theme.  I had planned on doing a embroidery in the hoop but with my health being so bad I just ran out of time.


So first up I selected some pretty fabric and ribbon from my stash and using bondaweb ironed it onto some linen.


Before popping it into a hoop.


I then found these pretty butterflies in my card making stash and at that point all thought of embroidering some flowers went straight out the window as I so needed a sparkly butterfly hoop in my life.  The butterflies I think are made of acetate and are sooo lovely, they have glitter and delicate sparkles with pretty pearl beads and wire.
 

I then decide to add a little colour behind my butterflies


 Using some felt to make them 3d, the pink butterfly is die cut but for the blue one I decided to wing it with the wings !!!! just cutting out a simple butterfly shape free hand.


I then did some actual sewing !!! to hold the felt butterflies in place before topping them with the sparkly butterflies using glue dots.


Almost done I wrapped some turquoise lace around the outside of the hoop holding it in place with double sided sticky tape, yes this is a very Blue Peter make.


Now as for the back having never made a wall mounted hoop before, I wasn't quite sure what to do,  I'm sure there is a proper way to do this, but I didn't know what it was, so I just tacked around the  fabric to gather it all in before cutting off the excess.


I then cut a paper plate to size to cover the back and glued it in place.


Ta-Dah

I love how my sparkly butterfly hoop turned out and can't wait to hang it on the wall.
Happy Crafting 

Clare xx

7 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your step by step in construction!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, it would make a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, I love how you've put the coloured felt behind the butterflies, really makes them stand out xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare! I have just caught up on your posts since the end of January, and I appreciate your wonderful crafting! The mandala, cushion, fairies, and your butterflies are all beautiful makes, and thanks for showing us how you constructed them. I spent a number of weeks with my sisters after the death of my brother-in-law so I have not spent much time blogging in the last few months. I am so sorry you fell and that you have been unwell. I do not blame your rant about others sharing their germs with those with weak immune systems! Wishing you well and cheering you on from my side of the pond. Oh, and thanks for sharing those gorgeous Crocus photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Hope you are having some better days now.

    ReplyDelete