Monday 12 December 2016

Holly Headband


Hello.......... Today's post is a bit of festive fun, you see I needed a Christmas hat for a get together and I decided a handmade yarny festive headband/fascinator would be just the thing.


I had everything I needed here already, so it was really just a assembly job, I already had a red glittery headband, you know me and sparkle !! That was just waiting to be blinged


I then may have pinched  re purposed the Holly leaves from my wintertime wreath, so I'm going to have to make a couple more before the solstice.  The Holly leaves are made using Lucy over at Attic24 Jolly Holly pattern.


To make up the headband all I did was remove the little red pompom berries from each leaf, before attaching the leaves to the headband, I used glue dots for this before stitching the berries in place. 


 I also added a few stitches to each leaf to secure it to the band so it hopefully stays in place.


Ta-Dah

Scary selfie time 


I think it turned out rather well, its hard to tell from the pic but the Holly leaves were made using a green Sparkly yarn.  I should also say that the original idea for the headband came from last week Womens Weekly here in the UK, although I've not used there published pattern for my make.

Ho ho ho

Clare xxx

5 comments:

  1. I saw this on instagram this morning and thought it was so cute. Great job!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great make, such a wonderful and festive idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever, Clare...and your modeling is perfect...I especially like the Ta Dah view! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great idea Claire, and might I add your eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you are so creative and inventive.

    ReplyDelete