Tuesday 27 September 2016

Fabric Painting

 

Hello .......... I'm finally back with a crafty post and something new as well, yesterday at craft club we tried fabric painting.


Luckily I already had this wonderful stencil at home so when I found out we were going to be trying fabric paints, I just couldn't resist taking my elephant stencil along.


As this is a new craft for me I had a bit of a test run, which was a good idea as my first attempt ended up with this jelly ellie phant, not quite what I was hoping for.


So I tried again with the purple this time using a foam dabber instead of a paint brush, but the outcome was not much better.  You see it turns out that not all fabric paints are created equal, so I tried a different brand and things turned out a little better.

So it was time to put the calico away and be brave and attempt to paint on a bag.




I had no need to worry, as the thicker texture of the recycled cotton bag took the fabric paint much better, yippee I was so pleased with the result when I peeled back the stencil.  All I needed to do now was make my Ellie a little friend .........


As you can see our little group created quite a lot of craftermath in the process of making some pretty bags, of the completed ones so far was have butterflies, ladybirds and my little elephants with other bags to come.


Ta-Dah

Here they are, I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and I love love love that blue.  It felt so good to get my craft on and try something new. All I have to do now is wait three days before running the iron over to set the paint and make it water proof.

Happy Crafting

 Clare xx


10 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had lots of fun with your new craft. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little elephants. I'm so glad you had a great time!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful and always fun to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of crafty social fun. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Clare! I have never tried fabric painting, but can imagine it is great fun, especially with friends. Your ellies are very handsome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fabric printing! Have you tried silk painting? Completely different, but addictive! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never done anything like this - it looks like so much fun and really effective too.

    ReplyDelete