Thursday 28 May 2015

In the pink.


Hello... As I was looking back over my photo's from the past week I discovered there was a lot of pink, so this weeks five on a Friday post is going to be deidcated to the colour pink.


This week I have been working on these dinky little squares, made from oh so soft merino yarn, I'm loving the pastel colours.  They are going to be made into a summertime cushion, the colours really remind me or ice cream for some reason, so at the moment I'm calling it my Ice cream cushion.


There is lots of pink in nature too at this time of year, I love it when the Horse Chestnut in the garden is in flower, it looks perfect against a blue sky and the new greens of the landscape, it makes my heart sing.


I seem to have spent the week surrounding myself with pink, it's creeping in everywhere, even the postcards I've been colouring.


Pinks in every shade and tone, roses and forget me nots, gathered for a bedside Posy, I'm still spending most of my time bed resting with this relapse.


 Yesterday, I dragged my bones onto my yoga mat for a little gentle stretching and meditation, trying to shake off this relapse only to noticed that I'm painted my toenails exactly the same shade of pink as my yoga mat.  The only difference being that the nail vanish has some glitter and sparkle.  Not a usual nail colour for me, they were painted in sparkly pink in celebration of all thing Eurovision last weekend.  My mini way of celebrating as I wasn't well enough to go to a Eurovision song contest get together with some friend.

So all in all this week has been very pink, not that I'm complaining, I'll take a pink week over a grey or beige week any day.

Joining in with Amy's Five on a Friday.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx


12 comments:

  1. I love your pink post Clare, pink always cheers me up I'm sitting in a pink room right now and staring at pink hearts and pink flowered curtains. Have a great weekend. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pink, always so cheery. Hope you get over your relapse soon, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful pink colours. I love the horse chestnut, your wee posy and especially your new crochet. I can see exactly why they remind you of ice cream! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some gorgeous pinks but my favourite has to be the ice cream squares, the minute I saw them I thought ice cream and then read that it was exactly what you were calling them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty little granny squares and gorgeous blooms. Take care and have a good weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pink moments!!! I know that you like pink as you have a pink theme on your blog! I can totally see the ice cream thing with the colours of your cushion. I made a mandala last year with similar colours and think of that as my ice cream mandala! You have reminded me that I really must paint my toenails too! Otherwise summer will be over won't it. I think that you should keep your toenails glittered to keep on celebrating in a little way. Thank you so much for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crocheted squares look good enough to eat. I look forward to seeing the finished cushion. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh pink is fine by me anytime at all! The horse chestnut trees are so beautiful at the moment and I love your yoga mat, and matching toe nails. I hope you feel better soon Claire, you are so inspiring with your optimism and positive outlook, have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the pinks! especially that horse chestnut. I don't think I've ever seen a pink chestnut tree (only white ones). I hope you are in the pink again soon ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your pinks; the flowers, crocheted squares and the postcard are all lovely. It's the perfect color to have in spring. My best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Clare, I've been lurking for quite a while but I haven't commented before. I find you inspiring, in more than one way, and I always look forward to your posts. I hold you in the light during this relapse and send you love, lots of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't go wrong with pink. Everything is so pretty.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete