Hello....... Today I'm going to share with you my first ever attempt at beading, I decided I wanted to make some Blackberries for my Autumn wreath, so I hunted around online and found 'this' wonderful tutorial
So I gathered together some supplies from the Summerhouse.
I'd ordered some jewellery making pins online but as they are yet to arrive, I thought maybe I could use the off cuts from where I changed the guitar strings, but no I didn't have the strength to bend them.
Time for plan B
which are the only things I have bought for this new and thrity wreath
After the failed attempt with the guitar strings I found some coated wires, that are usually used to make sugar craft flowers, which were just perfect for Berry making.
I made a loop at one end and then folded the other end up wrapping a small piece of felt around
before stitching into place.
Then it was just a matter of stitching on the beads, simple and effective
Just adding the beads until the felt was covered.
Cute little Blackberries, well worth ending up with a bed full of wayward beads..
All ready to be pinned onto the wreath.
So that's it, all the items are made and we're ready for some wreath assembling and
a grand Autumn Wreath Ta-Dah moment.
In fact just between you and me it already done, I assembled it yesterday afternoon and I think it looks really pretty, just need to catch up on the posts but for sure it'll be up on the blog some point this week I'm so excited to share it with you and see what you make of it.
Linking up with KCCO