Sunday 19 July 2020

Red Riding Hood




Hello........... Hows everyone? Today I thought I'd share a little art post with you. Since 2016 I've been working on improving my Art skills.  After I started receiving pyschic images with little ability to put them on paper.



So last November I got myself a copy of this gorgeous book in the hope I could improve my people drawing skills.  Plus it looked like a whole lot of fun, the Whimsy and fairytales really appealed to me.

Tamara Laporte the Artist, splits down each lesson into stages, which is great as you learn the theory along the way.



The firts lesson in the book is Little Red Riding Hood, starting with a basic drawing


Then building up the face, I'm using various water colour pencils and then going over them with water.


Which is much easier when painting from bed, the book is all mixed media projects so paints pens, collages etc.  I just used what I found easiest from bed.  Building up my little Wolf in layers


The great things about watercolours is that, you have built in time to rest while letting stuff dry.


I mostly used my inktense pencils, and discovered it was easier to add them to a paintbrush than to draw them diretcly onto the paper for the background.  I just loved how the background jade colour was at this stage and was a little sad to see it fade as the picture developed


I then added some metallic outlines to my image and some cute sequin and paper stars


and of course some glitter glue to the wolf’s crown and wand then a little heart button to his throat.


Ta-Dah

My first ‘ever after’ project was complete, it took me a few days to do which was perfect with my energy levels.



I love that Little Red and the Wolf seem best of friends, now that is a happy ever after.

Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to relax, rest and feel you have achieved something great. Your image is delightfu.Jo x

    ReplyDelete