Hello........ Sorry I've not been around I've been struggling with my health and trying to rest up for, then recover from a appointment I had on Wednesday.
So onto the bunting, at the beginning of April a musician friend of mine had a birthday, so I decided to make some festival bunting as gift, so they can decorate there massive bell tent when they go to festivals. The idea for this came when I spotted this musical fabric when I went for my Sewing machine lesson back in February.
So I cut out some bunting pennants using pinking shears
and used Bondaweb to fuses two pieces together to make my flags, as well as the musical fabric I also added some orange
and golden gingham to the mix to help balance up the colours.
Now you see I'm a bit rubbish at maths but knew I needed quite a lot of bunting, so in the end I just used all that was left on this reel bias binding, I previously used this binding to make some seaside bunting .here
Cutting the binding into two equal strips I ended up with about a nine metres length for my bunting.
now that's a lot of pinning and sewing, I pinned the pennants in place under the binding in groups of about six before
getting busy with the sewing machine, then pinning the next lot and so on......
It took a while (we're talking days, with my limited crafting time) to sew it all together, after the flags were all stitched to the bias binding I then put another piece over the top and stitched back along lenght until....
I had bunting that looked like this.
The next problem was how take you photograph of bunting that is this long, well in the end 'P' kindly hung it in the tree for a bit of a photo shoot.