Friday 31 July 2020

A Little crochet catch up.



Hello.... So I thought I'd do a little catch up on all things crochet.  To be honest its not great news, before I took my blogging break.  I was working on the Eastern Jewels blanket, such a wonderful feast of colour.

Unfortunately, I developed Tendonitis first in my right elbow and then my left (after the GP told me to stop using my right arm!!)

Last Summer after a few months break I started working on the blanket again trying a tiny bit of crochet, adding a round here and there.


Still treating myself to beautiful yarn that I just could not resist. But despite really resting them my elbows just weren't getting any better.



Last September I just could not resist, and decided I wanted to try and join in with Cherry Hearts beautiful 'Natures Walk ' crochet along.


Hoping the squares would be a little more gentle to manage


Loving the colours I had selected for the blanket. Aww Just look at lovely Monty cat all grown up.


Sadly the elbows did not improve despite my GP saying, most cases heal within a year.  In January two years into this pain, I was finally sent for Physio and the news was not great. Complete rest and lots of painful treament that could take months.

They were not even in good enough shape to have a injection.  With the added problem of Lyme disease, the Physio said to the lyme bacteria, the collagen in my tissue and tendons was like cavaiar it was just being eaten away, that my tendons felt like frayed fuse wire when he worked on them, yikes!!

So that's where I am really, with the lockdown I've had no physio since March as I'm too high risk to leave the house.

We are Cocooning here, as I like to call it.

I think maybe I need to try and do a little crochet to see if things have improved at all.

Find a cute little make to try.




Maybe something like these cute pumpkins I made last Autumn.

What are you making at the moment?

I'd love to hear?

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

So I’ve started a new little blog about my health issues and the pursuit of wellness which you can find  Here https://thecornucopiacorner.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. I am working on some crochet wash cloths they are a great gift teamed up with some homemade soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing pin loom squares. Your squares are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you see physio for your elbows? If so, ask them about taping the injury to allow you to live your life. If not, search "kinesiology taping for tennis elbow." It can make a huge difference in your daily functions. Amazon sells the Rock tape. I've had much success with taping over tendinitis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    NKK

    ReplyDelete