Monday 13 July 2020

Lockdown Sampler


Hello...... So I'm back after a very very long break from blogging.  During the lockdown I decided to join in with ' Sew a little Happiness everyday' over on Instagram.  I picked up a old project I started a few years back and decided to have a go and stitching me a little happiness.

It been pretty tough here, I've not the left the house since the 16th March, we are cocooning from Covid, as we have decided to call it.


    The first thing I decided to add to my sampler was some pretty bunting as is was VE day weekend here in the UK, People here we asked to hanging bunting in there windows. We had afternoon tea in the garden as part of the celebrations, it was a bit lonely just 'P' and I with no family or friends around.


As I decided to use a exisiting WIP I had already added a Springtime Tree to the top corner of my Sampler


and a wintertime one to the bottom right corner, adding a little frosty sparkle with some metallic thread.


Each week I aimed to complete one of the little boxes I'd stitched to the linen napkin I was using.


I added a little stitchy rainbow to my sampler to support the NHS and care workers as we clapped on the doorstep every Thursday.


I aim to split my napkin into four sections one for each season so added some pretty cherry blossom to the Spring corner.


Next up I added a peacock feather !! Why you ask? Well during the lockdown our little seaside town was entertained by the antics of four local peacocks who went walk abouts in our little town, the roads were so quiet and the fab four travelled miles.  Keeping us all entertained.  They even made the news and have there own Facebook page


As we rolled into Summer, It was time to add a Summertime tree to the top right corner.


Here's a little peak at how things are going so far....


Nature seems to have thrived with less traffic and pollution and no people about so I added a tiny crocheted butterfly


and some slightly wonky flowers that I'm not overly pleased with.


At the beginning of June it would have been my parents 50th Wedding anniversary, so we celebrated in the garden with Mum, socially distanced Fish and Chips in the garden with my Sister and her husband.

I stitched this pretty heart in the wedding colours with Roses and Freshia to represent Mums bouquet.


So many, birds have been in the Summerhouse garden, we have had great fun watching and feeding them. So I had to stitch a cute little moma and baby bird in a nest.


So my little sampler is coming along.


A couple of weeks ago, I was thrilled to discover we have a hedgehog visiting the garden again. Skippy happy in fact so I just had to pop one on.


So thats my little sampler, so far and my first post in a very long time.  More on that another time, aplologies for any spelling errors blogger has annoyingly removed the spell checker in my absence. 

If anyone is still out there in blogland please say hello in the comments, so I'll know that someone is still out there

Thanks for reading

Clare xx

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back. A great sampler which will tell its story in years to come about these strange times that we are living in. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, its been a while but it's good to be back. Keep Safe xx

      Delete
  2. Delighted to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the stories behind your choices. It's a pretty visual diary for a very odd time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, trying to find the positives in this situation xx

      Delete
  4. Hello, nice to see you back. I only discovered today. Nicew stories, well done stitching. A total delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopefully I’ll be able to post more regularly x

      Delete
  5. It's really beautiful. I would love to have a go at making one myself x please show us more when you have done more squares x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see you back! Your sampler is beautiful and I'm sure will be a nice reminder of such sweet memories. Take care. ��

    ReplyDelete