Thursday 13 June 2013

Vintage Rose : Birthday Card



Today I thought I'd share with you a card I made last week for my sister for her 40th Birthday.


As always the first thing I did was come up with a basic design for a the card on paper. I knew I wanted to make the card really pretty, using lots of pale blues as they are my sister favourites, I also wanted to put 40 on the card as it for a special birthday with a 0. I tried to draw a 40 free hand but I was unhappy with the outcome.


So I had a dig around in the Summerhouse supplies, until I found some number stencils, yippee what a relief, I needed to cut the numbers out so I popped out the the inner part of the stencils and cut round them.



I use some lovely vintage Rose paper from my stash and doily attachments both on Linen paper called Vinatage Notes by docrafts I really love this paper and wanted a vintage look for my card design.


I cut out a piece of the Rose paper and attached it to a pink card blank, leaving some of the card exposed at one end to add contrast, I then cut a piece of lace and stuck it along the join with double sided tape.


Using mini foam pads I then attached the Doily attachments to the card, making sure they were centred on the Rose paper.


Then it was time for the really fiddly bit, the numbers were in two pieces and tiny as you can see from the number four, so


I stuck the pieces together with double sided tape and then stuck them onto the card attachment using glue dots, as I may have mentioned before, I do love a glue dot.



I then added some blue pearlised beads onto the 40, for decoration and to help disguise the joins on the numbers.



and the card was nearly complete, all that was left to do was attached the ribbon flower and beads onto the lace with double sided tape and glue dots.



and Ta-Dah my Vintage Rose card was complete.

Vintage Rose Card ingredients



  • Pink card blank
  • Rose paper 'Vinatge Notes' range from Docrafts papermania.
  • Blue and cream polka dot paper
  • 2x Doilies from thre above range  'Decoupage Medley'
  • Lace
  • Beads
  • Ribbon Flower
  • Glue dots
  • decoupage scissors
  • Ruler
  • Tweezers
  • foam pads
  • Double sided tape




Just before I go I thought I share this fab card with you too, it was made in the Summerhouse a couple of weeks ago by my  9 year old nephew,  a top secret mission for my sister birthday, isn't it cute. I think he did a great job with it. He's such a good little artist.  I think she'll be as pleased as punch.



The only down side to a letting a nine loose in your crafting shed is the Craftermath but never mind we had fun making the mess.

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so sweet! You should consider selling your cards as they are all so creative.

    I love the card your nephew made too, he is very talented.

    ReplyDelete