Sunday 2 June 2013

Fairy Toadstool Card



Today I thought I'd tell you all about the Toadstool card, I made last week for my Guide Daughter 6th birthday. She's not really a little girl who's into pink and the last time I asked her she said her favourite colour was red, so I decided that a Red spotty fairy toadstool card was the way to go.


The inspiration for this card came from some card designs by Andrea Willis, that I saw in a craft magazine tutorial last year. The first thing I did was a very rough sketch with the first pen I grabbed as you can see it was a green biro,  to figure out the basic design for my card. When I say rough sketch I mean it as you can see above, I'm a bit embarrassed to put it on my blog, but I figured it helps show  my entire card making process.


I then cut out a square of water colour paper with my scalloped scissors and drew the design on free hand first in pencil then I went over the top with a fine black stablio pen.


Then it was time for a bit of crayon therapy, colouring in my card, I do love a bit of colouring. In fact I recently ordered a lovely secret garden colouring book for grown ups, but more on that another day. Then I tried out different backing papers, at first I thought I would go with this green backing paper


but then I found this lovely plum coloured paper, that I knew was just the thing to set off my card.


I cut a piece of it to size and then stuck it to a card blank with double sided tape, I then use glue dots to attach my toadstool topper.


And Ta-Dah my card was complete.
I really hope she likes it and that she has a lovely birthday.


Fairy Toadstool Card ingredients.

  • Card Blank
  • Water colour paper
  • Pretty backing paper
  • Scissors Scalloped
  • Glue dots
  • Double sided tape
  •  Pencil
  • Stablio pens
  • Crayola felt pen (I'd love to be able to use something like a Pro marker but find them too toxic)
 Why not leave a comment and let me know what you are making at the moment ?

Happy Crafting

Clare xx

4 comments:

  1. Clare

    Your card is just lovely. I wish I could draw like that, but I am sadly useless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Clare I love your card so much! Who says colouring in is just for children? I
    I love it and I've found quite a lot of unexpected adults also admit to liking it too when given the opportunity! I've sent you an email directly. Did you get it? I hope so. If not can you email me at mrsthomasinatittlemouse@gmail.com and I'll cut and paste the original message! E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, I still waiting for my secret garden book colouring to be dispatched from Amazon. Sorry I don't appear to have recieved your email, so have just emailed you at the above address. Thanks again for stopping by my Summerhouse. xx

      Delete