Thursday 30 April 2015

Birthday Birdie


Hello......... Today I'm going to share with you a little bit more about the Birdie I made at my Birthday Crafternoon,  I found the pattern in my Mum's copy of the Woman's Weekly from the 14 April  and thought it would be a perfect little make for my Crafternoon.


So amongst much chatter and cake, I cut out the little felt pieces and stitched the wing in place with embroidery floss adding some leaf detail before popping on a cute little button,


I then added more buttons, felt flowers and beads.


 I then stitched on a little birdie eye, in black floss and blanket stitched my birdie together before adding a hanging string, the original instructions were for a little birdie brooch, but I decided I wanted to hang mine on my blossom tree lights, in fact I think I might make a few more of these cute little birdies, to hang on the tree.


Ta-Dah

But of course there will only be one Crafternoon birthday birdie amongst them, a lovely little reminder of the day.
Happy Crafting

Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. :-) Thanks for sharing the step-by-step process. I'm usually curious how other people make their non-knitting projects.

    - Audra from A Path to Create, Not Find (http://apathtocreatenotfind.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely Clare!!! It is a delight to see your birdie again and to see how he came together too. I am sure that your blossom lights will be beautiful with a small flock of birds hanging from them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wonderful birdie Clare.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete