Hello............ Today's post is going to be part of my 'something new thread' This make was something we tried at craft club a couple of weeks ago.
We started off with some modelling clay
Into which we made some impressions, you can use fossils, shell's anything you like really, me I couldn't resist bringing something along from the summerhouse garden, so I opted for a fern leaf and fossil.
Gentle pressing them into the modelling clay, for this task I improvised a tool by using the end of one of my crochet hooks, (they come in handy for everything !!)
I also added a few beads hoping they would set into the Plaster of Paris.
We then used some plastic to make a little tube to pour the wet Plaster of Paris into.
Then it was mixing time adding water to the Plaster of Paris and stirring and stirring till we had a pourable paste, which we simply poured onto the modelling clay giving it a few taps to knock any larger air bubbles out.
We left them to dry in the sun for about a hour before it was time for the big reveal.
Thankfully the larger beads set well and I loved how the pretty leaves turned out.
The seed beads however did not fair so well, never mind I had a idea so all was not lost.
Next up it was time to rub on some metallic's, I opted for a green and silver as the fossil pressing really reminded me of the moon.
and a pretty autumnal copper for the leaf one.
I also added a bit of sparkle to cover the holes that the seed beads had left so it all turned out OK in the end.
I'm still deciding what I'm going to do with my little ceramic disks. I'm either going to add a hanging ribbon or a magnet to the back, I just love how naturalised and rustic looking they turned out.